Therapist Reflection


Life is a funny thing. It’s amazing that I have found myself on a journey, a career that forces me to address and look at my deepest pains & sorrows. Why would I live a life and career exploring my issues? Today is my birthday and I tend to use this special occasion as a time to reflect on my life. When I assessed the path that I have traveled, it has become very evident why I am a practicing as a therapist.  Actually, I prefer to call it my persona, my spirituality. This isn’t a career choice yet a path which I have always known and traveled down. I have always explored my shadow, even if it remains foreign to me at times. It has been a concept of traveling down the road far less traveled. I have become a man who yearns to learn about the most recessed emotion of my existence. I see it as a never-ending journey of my spiritual self. Even though I have experienced much sadness and turmoil in my life, I have always followed this road of exploration. There has never been a question about my choice to be where I am, it is a question of where it will take me.

Being a psychotherapist is the most natural process and career that I have undertaken. I have no fears of its future yet remain inspired by its knowledge and path it will take me. Besides getting married and the birth of my two sons, I have never felt so happy with my life and apparent gratification I will obtain as a result of doing and being in this career. I know I will continue to have challenges along the way, but I know I will be prepared to handle them and relish in the unknown experience.

Todd Deutsch, Marriage Family Therapist & Life Consultant, Los Angeles Therapist
Complete Game Plan – www.CompleteGamePlan.com

Comments

  1. You are right Todd. This is more than a choice for you--its a calling.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Capitalizing on our Wounds for a Pathway to Fulfillment

Self-awareness in the Eye of the Storm

The Healthy Couple